- The project as a whole has gained 6-Star Green Rating. The landscape has played an important role in gaining this level of accreditation.
- The licensed play spaces and centre surrounds utilise recycled timber, low carbon concrete and combine with dense tree planting and indigenous species.
- Deciduous Boston Ivy has been used on all walls outside the licensed play areas as an additional insulation layer to the building. Ochre worked closely with Brand to provide a system that enables easy maintenance of what can be an aggressive climber.
- A fort sits in the corner of the play space looking out across the suburb of Highton.
- A small deck at the back of the slide mound features deck bells that ring out as the children tap them with their feet.
- Trees are integrated into the decks around the sandpits to provide natural shade. The S-Bend shaped sandpit quickens the process of shading by the trees.
- Swings are located in the corner along with the veggie gardens, separated from active play spaces.