April 4, 2019
This was a twofold project for Ochre Landscape
It began as a landscape design for the centre and ended in a public art commission where we were engaged to design and construct a fun kids entry to the centre with a local indigenous influence. Thus the fish trap inspired tunnel.
- It is very gratifying to watch the kids entering and exiting the centre all running through the fish trap.
- The playspace is packed with trees including the large leafed Brachychiton ‘Bella Pink’
- Local timber used for all decking and structures
- Lots of activity spaces have been created throughout the landscape separated by tree planting including a maze of upright apple trees.
- Construction by Scott Smith